Stop HB370, A Request for Support
As many of you may be aware, the legislative proposal House Bill 370 – that would require NC sheriffs to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) – has made large strides in the past few months within the General Assembly.
In the next few days and weeks, we expect the General Assembly to quickly move HB 370, NC’s Show Me Your Papers Law, through the Senate and onto the desk of Governor Roy Cooper. Once on his desk, the Governor will only have 10 days to veto the bill. As you may well know, if passed, HB 370 would be devastating for immigrant communities and communities of color, who would be subject to increased surveillance, interrogations, detentions, family separations, and deportations by sheriff offices assisting immigration agents.
Join the #StopHB370 coalition in urging all NC elected officials to oppose HB 370 and any other anti-immigrant law that requires police to operate as Trump’s deportation force.
Here are the steps that you can take in the next few days:
- Contact your State Legislator by email (Link) or phone (Link)
- Ask your sheriffto publicly oppose the bill: Link
- Sign the petitioncalling on Governor Cooper to veto HB 370: http://tiny.cc/StopHB370
- Social media amplificationof the HB370 campaign: http://tiny.cc/HB370info follow #StopHB370
- Are you a business leader? Sign the business letter: https://forms.gle/5xeMYf7curJER1dV7
- Are you a faith leader? Sign the faith letter: https://forms.gle/4mCiLGaW3SuBkqKy5
Thank you all for taking action on this matter and we appreciate any degree of
support you can offer this campaign!